Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ok...he's getting a bit finicky!!

Well he has not been eating as well the last couple of days. I don't believe it is because he isn't feeling well as he has no problems eating my eggs or his treats or dog bones! So I figured it might be some of the "extras" I'm adding to his food. There were three items I added recently so I individually mixed the mushroom capsule, kelp mix and digestive enzymes with some chicken broth. He wouldn't eat the mushroom or kelp. So I kept those out and he ate more than he has been. Still not everything but much better! I was a bit sneaky back to him and put the mushroom capsule in a dog treat...so he got it whether he liked it or not!! Geez the other animals I have, both cats and dogs, will eat his food mix with no problem!! :-) I heard from a friend who recently went thru chemo that her taste buds changed while she was going thru chemo...maybe that's it!!

Update - I believe he is liking the homemade food over the kibble.....getting spoiled I think :-) He'll leave kibble, but will eat more of the homemade stuff!

On another note his CBC came back today and overall he is looking pretty well when I look at his numbers vs. "averages" for a dog and compare them to his prior numbers. I'm sure I'll get more info from his oncologist before our next chemo appt next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment